“It's not a billion dollar, but it's a trillion dollar opportunity in emerging markets.” - Thomas Bohner
Credix is helping cash-rich institutions to loan out their money to countries of the global south for attractive returns. On the other hand, borrowers can raise debt funding internationally with less friction and at more attractive rates.
Here are five key takeaways from our conversation:
- Bridging the Gap: It's still incredibly challenging for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to obtain financing in emerging markets like Brazil, Columbia, or Mexico while there's an excess of capital in the global North.
- Incredible Returns: Institutions partnering with Credix can loan money to emerging markets, yielding 13-15% annually.
- Massive Potential: Thomas predicts that trillions of dollars will be loaned out on-chain in five years.
- Zero Defaults: Credix has a 0% default rate, which Thomas considers the most crucial business metric.
- Building on Solana: Thomas recommends building on the Solana blockchain. (Interview was conducted before the recent outtake)