When Roberta Antunes launched a new Bitcoin ETF last year at the Brazilian stock exchange in São Paolo, she was the first woman ever to hold such an opening speech at this venue. She did this in her current role as Chief of Growth at Hashdex. This financial services company is known for launching a variety of crypto ETFs.
An ETF is a fund that you can trade and buy just like a stock. Just in case you didn’t know.
Institutional and retail investors in Brazil are really into their crypto and web3 ETFs.
Over 250’000 investors have bought Hash11, their flagship product representing a basket of crypto and web3 tokens, ranging from Bitcoin, Ethereum to Sandbox and UniSwap.
It is the second most popular ETF in Brazil. Only the Brazilian equivalent of the S&P 500 is more popular.
In her former life, Roberta co-founded Hotel Urbano. She grew the online travel agency from a scrappy team of four friends into a Unicorn with over 600 employees.
In this episode, we talked about:
- How she co-founded a Unicorn and grew it to 600 employees
- What it takes to launch the world's first DeFi ETF
- Why there are few women in crypto and how to change this
- How she grows Hashdex through partnerships
- Why not holding any crypto is riskier than having some